Authorities say a murder suspect shot and killed himself after law enforcement officers found him in a parking lot in Lawrenceburg.
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Susan Niland identified the deceased man from the incident in Lawrence County on Friday night as 27-year-old Desmond Allen.
Niland says the Lawrence County Sheriff's Department and Lawrenceburg Police Department found the man in the parking lot of a Lawrenceburg business on Highway 43. She says he pulled out a gun, shot himself and died immediately.
Niland says TBI's investigation into the shooting is active and ongoing.
- Police: murder suspect kills himself in Lawrenceburg
- Funeral arrangements for Lawrenceburg firefighter
- Shoals fire departments extend help to Lawrenceburg
- Lawrenceburg UT boxer dies during tournament
- Fallen Lawrenceburg firefighter's wife gives birth
- LIVE: Funeral for Lawrenceburg firefighter to be held today
- Engineering firm to invest $6 million, hire about 240 in Lawrenceburg
- Suspect arrested in Decatur murder
- Florida murder suspect shot by police in Pennsylvania
- Arab police say attempted murder suspect shot in Louisiana