KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Police in Tennessee say a man listed in a database as an Aryan Nations gang member shot an officer and is on the run.
Knoxville Police Chief David Rausch tells news outlets the man opened fire on Officer David Williams with a shotgun Thursday night as Williams attempted to stop him for speeding. Williams suffered a wound to his shoulder. The suspect is identified as 31-year-old Ronnie Lucas Williams.
Rausch said the officer is not believed to have fired his weapon.
Authorities recovered Wilson's vehicle early Friday. Wilson is being sought on an attempted murder warrant. He was added to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's top 10 most wanted fugitives list shortly before 10 a.m.
Knoxville Police tweeted shortly before 8 a.m. Friday that Williams has been released from the hospital.
- Police: Aryan Nations member shot officer in Tennessee, fled
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Ex-Tennessee teacher who fled with teen wants to change plea
- Mobile police officer shot & killed
- Mobile Police Officer shot and killed
- 1-year-old child shot, killed in Tennessee apartment complex
- Tennessee teen shot and killed during home invasion
- Tennessee sheriff's deputy fatally shot; suspect at large
- Police: Tennessee man reported killing his wife
- Police: Officer fired shot that killed suicidal man