Cherokee’s Piggly Wiggly re-opened for business Sunday morning after an accidental shooting Saturday.
The grocery store on Highway 72 in Colbert County closed after a man accidentally shot himself in the leg while reaching into his pocket for money.
A manager at Piggly Wiggly tells WAAY 31 the customer is doing okay today. After the shooting, he was transported to Huntsville Hospital.
Cherokee Police are investigating.
- Cherokee's Piggly Wiggly open again after customer accidentally shot himself
- Dozens are jobless after Cherokee Piggly Wiggly closes
- Cherokee High School lockdown lifted
- Cherokee student arrested for school threat
- Lawnmower accident kills Cherokee County man
- Swampy football field could be fixed at Cherokee High School
- Multiple customers upset after slow propane deliveries
- UberEATS driver charged with killing customer
- Victim and Customers React to Armed Robbery