Birmingham police said they have a person of interest in custody for a shooting that left a 17-year-old girl dead at Huffman High School Wednesday.
The person's name was not released because the case was being reviewed by the Jefferson County District Attorney's Office, police told Birmingham ABC affiliate ABC 33/40.
In addition to the death of 17-year-old Courtlin Lashawn Arrington, police said a male student was injured in the shooting, which happened during dismissal Wednesday. He was treated and released from an area hospital.
- Person of interest in custody for Birmingham school shooting
- Person of interest in custody after double murder in Decatur
- Bullets hit Birmingham's Topgolf
- Police investigating murder at Huntsville apartment, person of interest in custody
- Teen charged with manslaughter in Birmingham school shooting
- Woman shot in Birmingham home
- Juvenile in custody after shooting
- Decatur police looking for 2nd person of interest for January shooting
- Birmingham hospital shooting leaves employee and suspected gunman dead
- UPDATE: Missing girl near Birmingham found safe