Madison County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the scene around 5:15 Wednesday morning and told WAAY 31 a 57-year-old man, Charles Holland, was killed as he crossed the intersection of Charity Road and Highway 231 on a green light and got hit by a truck driven by a 17-year-old. The crash scene is half a mile away from Hazel Green High School and right across the street from Walmart.
Holland was pronounced dead at the scene and the truck that hit him was towed away less than two hours after the wreck. Sheriff's deputies told WAAY 31 the driver is in good condition.
The body was removed from the intersection and the scene was clear by 7:25 a.m.
Alabama State Troopers are still investigating.
- Pedestrian killed in early morning crash
- Pedestrian killed in Limestone County
- Pedestrian killed crossing Decatur street
- Deadly Walk: Spike in fatal pedestrian crashes
- Four killed in early morning house fire in Tennessee
- UPDATE: Man killed in early-morning Limestone wreck identified
- Pedestrian hit and killed on Chapman Mountain identified
- Early morning fire destroys apartment unit
- Crews battle early morning fire in Elkmont
- Business destroyed in early morning garage fire