A Decatur woman is charged with assaulting an 87-year-old woman at the nursing home where she worked.
Kyla Dionne Brown, 40, was arrested Monday on a charge of second-degree elder abuse and neglect.
Decatur police said the woman, a resident of River City Assisted Living, reported an assault to them on July 22. Brown was suspended after the incident was reported, police said, and has since been fired by the facility.
Brown's bond was set at $5,000.
- Nursing home employee charged with elder abuse
- Decatur Police name nursing home from elder abuse case
- NEIGHBOR REACTION: Decatur woman charged with elder abuse
- German nurse charged with 97 more murders
- Arab resident Brandon Elder performed on 'American Idol'
- Former petting zoo employee pleads guilty to abusing children
- Florence police investigating reported 'sexual interaction' at nursing home
- Nurse charged in death of former Trump adviser's father
- Husband, Wife arrested on sex abuse charges