WAAY 31 worked to learn how a wanted murder suspect escaped a massive search in madison county and made his way to the Pittsburg, Pennsylvania area.
State troopers shot and killed Steven Brooks in Washington county.
Brooks was accused of killing his landlord in Florida.
Friday, we learned a stolen truck in Limestone county was connected to Brooks. It’s what he was driving when he led Pennsylvania State Police on a chase.
The spokesman for the Limestone County Sheriff's Office told us investigators believe Brooks made his way from the Harvest area to a home on Logan road.
However, the spokesman told WAAY 31 they don't know what time Brooks got there and took off in the truck he stole.
One neighbor near where the truck was stolen told us that he saw the truck leave his neighbor's driveway around 12:30 a.m.
"I didn't really see much of anything besides the glare of his truck..I knew it was white and a diesel. I saw it come down the driveway, but I didn't get to my far window so I could see who was in it," said Glenn Williams.
We know after Brooks stole the truck he was making his way up to Pennsylvania throughout the day Thursday.
However, dozens of investigators combed through a rural part of Harvest looking for him during that time. Around 4:30 p.m. they pulled back on their search. The next time Brook was spotted was late Thursday night.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, Brooks was driving erratically on the interstate, and when they tried to pull him over he wouldn't stop.
After attempting to flee from the Troopers, he jumped out of the stolen truck and scaled several fences before Troopers caught up to him.
He was holding a gun which he refused to put down, and that's when he was shot and killed by state police.
We're still waiting to learn from police if they've pinpointed any more information about Brooks' trip north.
- Neighbor unknowingly watched Florida murder suspect steal truck
- Florida murder suspect sought in Harvest community
- Guntersville woman charged with stealing truck
- Florida murder suspect shot by police in Pennsylvania
- Neighbors call for speed bumps after truck crashes into home
- Suspect arrested in Decatur murder
- Florida suspect's digital profile 'very, very disturbing'
- No bond for Florida school shooting suspect
- WATCH: Manhunt suspect evades police in neighborhood
- Store Owner: Suspect steals iPhone for an Instagram joke