Monrovia Middle School placed 21st in the national contest out of 192 teams.
The school sent two teams to the National Academic Quiz Tournaments National Finals in Chicago on May 10-14.
Monrovia's A Team played twelve games in the tournament and lost five.
Monrovia is the first Alabama middle school to win a trophy, but students from Liberty Middle School and Discovery Middle School also competed in Chicago.
Monrovia Middle School is recognized by the International Academic Competitions for Middle School and Elementary as the 38th middle school all-subject quiz bowl team in the country.
- Monrovia Middle School scholars' bowl team places in national competition
- Late night chimney fire displaces Monrovia family
- Alabama man wins national golf competition
- Lawmakers place wager on national championship game
- Students injured after shooting at middle school
- Middle school students participate in walkout
- New principal named for Meridianville Middle School
- Disturbing video shows middle school attack
- Local cycling teams compete in national race
- Franklin student named U.S. Presidential Scholar