A South Carolina man is facing drug charges after Jackson County authorities said they found more than a dozen bags of cocaine in his vehicle.
Antwan Booker, 30, of Union, S.C., was arrested last Wednesday after he was pulled over for speeding on Highway 72 in Hollywood.
According to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, the deputy who pulled Booker over smelled marijuana inside the vehicle. He searched the vehicle and found 16 individual bags of cocaine and about four ounces of marijuana, authorities said. They also found $668 in cash.
Booker was charged with possession with intent to distribute cocaine and first-degree marijuana possession. He was released from the Jackson County Jail on $4,500 bond.
- Man facing drug sale charges in Jackson County
- Jackson County man faces manslaughter charge following deadly wreck
- Four arrested in Jackson County drug bust
- Two facing drug charges after multi-county police chase
- Athens woman facing drug trafficking charges
- PHOTOS: Seven arrested in Jackson County drug bust
- Men arrested for drugs after Jackson County standoff
- Two men face drug charges after carjacking investigation
- Athens man charged with drug trafficking
- New Hope man facing federal meth charges