ATLANTA (AP) - Atlanta police say a man who accidentally shot his two stepsons while cleaning a handgun has been charged.
Officer Lisa Bender said 27-year-old Brandon Vicks was jailed on reckless conduct charges after the boys, ages 7 and 10, were wounded late Sunday.
Bender told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Vicks was cleaning the gun when it fired. The bullet ricocheted off the floor and hit the 7-year-old child in the hand and arm. It then hit the older boy above his right eye.
The injured children were taken to an Atlanta hospital. Their conditions were not immediately known.
Bender said three other children who were present during the shooting were not injured. It was not immediately known if Vicks had an attorney to represent him.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
11/13/2017 8:26:58 AM (GMT -6:00)
- Man charged with shooting stepsons while cleaning gun
- Man accused of planning mosque shooting guilty on gun charge
- Man charged in Albertville shooting
- Facebook wants clean energy
- Man charged with Triana Boulevard shooting
- Man charged after Athens apartment complex shooting
- Man charged with Thursday shooting in Huntsville
- Man charged with using counterfeit money to buy gun
- Man facing federal charges after raid turns up stolen gun
- Albertville man faces federal heroin and gun charges