An Albertville man is behind bars after police say he tried to kill two of their officers.
German Munoz Lopez, 32, is charged with two counts of attempted murder of a police officer stemming from a December 7 shooting at a mobile home park.
Police say Lopez was the person of interest in the shooting, which happened at 3 a.m. at the Kilpatrick Trailer Park. Officers say they found a group of people in a park, and Lopez pulled out a gun and started shooting.
While officers returned fire, no one was hit during the incident.
Lopez was transferred to the Marshall County Jail where he is being held on a $1 million bond. He also has an immigration detainer from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
The State Bureau of Investigation is also looking into the shooting.
- $1M bond for man accused of trying to murder 2 Albertville officers
- Man charged in Albertville shooting
- Person shot in Albertville
- Albertville man charged with trafficking meth
- Albertville police involved in overnight shooting
- PHOTOS: Albertville mother gives birth to sextuplets
- Albertville woman killed in weekend wreck
- Albertville couple charged with abusing small child
- Former Albertville judge sentenced for child pornography
- Albertville students at Opry Mills during shooting