Madison County authorities said they have identified a man who's suspected of stealing packages from porches on the west side of the county.
Police released surveillance images of the suspect Monday morning, along with a vehicle he was believed to be using.
About an hour after posting the images on Facebook, the Madison County Sheriff's Office said it had identified the man in the images.
Authorities did not release any more information about the man.
The sheriff's office also released some tips to help keep packages from falling into the hands of thieves:
1. Track it and know when it will be delivered and be home at that time.
2. Leave a note for the delivery driver with instructions.
3. Require a signature for delivery.
4. Have the post office or delivery service hold it.
5. Don’t make it a surprise. If delivering gifts to family or friends, make them aware.
6. Add a Wi-Fi smart camera and know the minute it arrives.
7. Have packages delivered to your workplace.
8. Require vacation hold on packages and mail when away.
9. Insure packages.
10. Ask a neighbor to accept it.
- Madison County authorities identify package theft suspect
- Madison County authorities bust suspected credit card thief
- Security video leads police to suspects in package theft case
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Madison County authorities find marijuana, guns in two drug busts
- Madison County Tiger walk
- Burglary suspect arrested after running from deputies in Madison County
- Police: Hartselle mother identifies daughter as theft suspect with surveillance video
- Second suspect arrested in lawn mower thefts
- PHOTOS: Decatur police searching for theft suspect