PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Tennessee man's plan to propose to his girlfriend on a Florida beach almost failed when he lost the ring in the Gulf of Mexico.
For 45 minutes last Friday, Taylor Farrar of Sevierville, Tennessee, and his friends frantically searched for the plastic bag that held the ring, a bank card and a driver's license.
The News Herald reports it washed up under the feet of Sandy Osborn who was visiting Panama City Beach from Florence, Alabama.
Osborn held onto the bag and happily handed it over when Farrar's friends asked if she'd seen it.
Farrar says he appreciates Osborn's honesty. He immediately proposed to girlfriend Cassandra Arn, who said yes.
Osborn says she cried during the proposal. And Arn invited her to the wedding.
- Lost engagement ring found by local woman
- Engagement ring found at the beach returned just in time for the proposal
- Prostitution ring busted in Limestone County
- UPDATE: Missing Fayetteville woman found
- UPDATE: Missing Florence woman found
- Roy Moore: 'I have never engaged in sexual misconduct.'
- School employee accused of engaging in sex act with student
- Isreal, Iran engage in most serious confrontation in Syria
- Woman found guilty in daughter's starvation death
- Woman missing from car crash found alive