A 20-year-old Lawrenceburg athlete has died while competing in a boxing tournament.
Tanner Wray died last night of cardiac arrest. He was taking part in a charity boxing tournament where he collapsed in Knoxville.
Doctors pronounced him dead at University of Tennessee Medical Center.
He collapsed in the ring between the second and third rounds of the annual Ace Miller Boxing Tournament.
Medical examiners will perform an autopsy.
Wray was a junior at the University of Tennessee studying Aerospace Engineering. He had attended Lawrence County High School.
- Lawrenceburg UT boxer dies during tournament
- Funeral arrangements for Lawrenceburg firefighter
- Shoals fire departments extend help to Lawrenceburg
- Fallen Lawrenceburg firefighter's wife gives birth
- Police: murder suspect kills himself in Lawrenceburg
- LIVE: Funeral for Lawrenceburg firefighter to be held today
- Report: Six UT employees violated sexual misconduct policies
- Trump considering pardon for late boxer Jack Johnson
- Engineering firm to invest $6 million, hire about 240 in Lawrenceburg
- REPORT: Auburn DC misses Broyles Award presentation to interview for UT job