A Jackson County man is facing a manslaughter charge stemming from a February wreck that killed a man.
A grand jury indicted Matthew Edwin Brewer, 40, of Scottsboro December 14 with the felony charge. The indictment alleges that Brewer was under the influence of a controlled substance at the time of the wreck which killed 51-year-old Bobby Joe Moody, Jr.
The wreck happened on Alabama Highway 79 near Skyline.
Jackson County sheriff's deputies arrested Brewer Tuesday night, and he remains in the Jackson County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
Brewer has an arraignment hearing Jan 9.
- Jackson County man faces manslaughter charge following deadly wreck
- Woman charged with manslaughter
- Woman accused of leaving scene of deadly Madison wreck charged with manslaughter
- Man facing drug sale charges in Jackson County
- Florence woman charged in deadly wreck
- Madison County man is in jail on a manslaughter charge
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Colbert County wreck
- Victim identified in deadly DeKalb County wreck
- Victim in deadly Limestone County wreck identified
- Muscle Shoals police charge man with manslaughter in deadly July crash