The Internal Revenue Service plans to reopen its Taxpayer Assistance Center in Huntsville for two days a week beginning in March.
The center, located at 5123 Research Drive, will open from noon-4:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, beginning March 6.
In mid-October the IRS closed down its face-to-face services in Huntsville, meaning customers who needed face-to-face services such as printed transcripts would have to travel to Florence or Chattanooga.
The center will see customers by appointment only. Taxpayers are asked to call 844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment.
The IRS said answers and services for many taxpayers can be found on the IRS website.
- IRS office in Huntsville reopening in March
- IRS Huntsville office reopening twice a week
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Huntsville march to address issues facing women
- Expect detours in downtown Huntsville March 27
- Arab Senior Center reopens
- Huntsville officer cleared in Golf Road shooting
- Drug officers serve search warrants in Huntsville
- Huntsville police warn of scammers impersonating officers
- Huntsville police officers cleared in deadly shooting