Two years ago the Huntsville Police introduced a Prescription Drug Take Back program by installing a medication drop box in the lobby of the Public Safety Complex.
The drop box has taken in approximately 2,450 pounds of prescription drugs since 2016 and just over 400 pounds were discarded in the last quarter.
Huntsville Police said, anyone with unwanted or expired prescription drugs can discard of them anytime at 815 Wheeler Ave.
- Huntsville Police discarded over 2,450 pounds of prescription drugs
- Police find 17 pounds of heroin in drug bust
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Police arrest Huntsville man on drug trafficking charges
- Drugs found with children in Huntsville apartment
- Drug officers serve search warrants in Huntsville
- Huntsville police host awards banquet
- Physician's prescriptions faulted in guitarist's overdose
- PHOTOS: Decatur police seize 38 pounds of marijuana
- Three arrested after police found a pound of marijuana