With just 17 days to go till the end of the regular season the UAH Chargers are in unfamiliar territory, sitting in 7th place in the Gulf South Conference standings and needing a strong finish to stay in the top eight to make the conference championship game.
That set the stage for a pivitol matchup with then 3rd place West Alabama on Monday night since the top eight teams in the conference make the tournament at season's end.
UAH came out with a solid showing in the first half, taking a 33-24 lead into the break but the Tigers dropped 58 points on the Chargers in the second half to pull away for the 82-70 win.
With the win West Alabama stays put in 3rd place while UAH falls into a two-way tie for eigth place with rival North Alabama who they'll face in Florence on Saturday.
- Huge second half leads West Alabama past UAH
- 2nd half charge leads UAH past Trevecca Nazarene
- Sexton leads No. 24 Alabama past Louisiana Tech 77-74
- Weatherspoon brothers lead Mississippi St past Alabama 67-63
- Swastikas found on UAH campus
- 2nd period surge leads Havoc past RiverKings
- UAH vying for WCHA playoff seeding
- UAH loses pivotal game to Lee
- UAH beats Montevallo, barely misses GSC Tourney
- "Let's Pretend Hospital" kicks off at UAH