Our Independence Day looks better than we had previously anticipated. We will still have a few showers and a thunderstorm or two in the afternoon and early evening. The heat may very will be the bigger issue.
The few showers that developed on our Tuesday afternoon will fade to an end by 7 PM. The rest of the night will be partly cloudy and muggy. The first half of the 4th will be dry with fast warming. A few showers can develop starting between noon and 2 PM. More of us likely will miss the rain than actually get rain, and the showers we have around will end by 7 PM.
The heat index may become brutal in the afternoon. Temperatures will max out in the low-to-mid 90s. The heat index will be near 100 degrees by noon. It will continue climbing to near 105 by 2-3 PM. Be sure you stay hydrated and go easy in the intense heat. You will need to take cool breaks occasionally, too. Be ready to move indoors if you hear thunder or see lightning. Wait 30 minutes from seeing the last lightning strike or hearing the last rumble of thunder before you return to the pool.
- Hot With A Few Showers For The 4th
- Hot Week With Only Isolated Showers
- Hot With Only A Few Showers Wednesday
- Thursday Will Be Hot With Scattered Showers & Thunder
- Hot, humid, and stormy
- Summer Showers For Friday
- 4th person shot dead in Tampa neighborhood
- Rauls, Langham, Davis named 4th annual Stallworth Award winners
- Man arrested for alleged July 4th attack plan
- Storms To Start The Week And Also For The 4th