A homeowner shot and killed an intruder inside a home in Trinity about 2:15 Mother’s Day morning.
The shooting happened at a house on Trinity’s Creek Meadow Drive.
Officers with the Trinity Police Department rushed to the scene. However, Decatur Police detectives are handling the investigation. “The Decatur Police Department was asked to take over the investigation due to a family conflict,” according to Decatur Police spokeswoman Emily Long.
Police say the intruder got his hands on a knife once he made his way inside. He hurt two people.
Someone who lives there was able to shoot the man. Police say that happened during a struggle. At the crime scene, the coroner pronounced the intruder dead.
Morgan County coroner Jeff Chunn is working to identify the dead man. Decatur Police investigators are also trying to determine the man’s ID.
The two people injured at the home were treated at Huntsville Hospital. Their injuries were not a threat to their lives.
As of now, police say no charges will be filed.
- Homeowner kills intruder in Trinity
- Armed Homeowner Chases Off Armed Intruder
- Man killed in Trinity home invasion identified
- Trinity epicenter of Alabama's 11th quake this year
- Woman finds naked intruder eating Cheetos in hot tub
- Homeowner floored by Home Depot installation
- Dogs alert homeowner to fire in garage
- Homeowners scramble to pre-pay property taxes
- Maysville homeowner shoots at burglars, hits one
- New scam targets homeowners with security system