Photo Gallery 1 Images
An historic home caught fire in Florence Wednesday morning.
The Larimore House was built in 1870 and is right next to Mars Hill Bible School. Florence fire officials said a small fire broke out at the historic home a little before 5 a.m.
Firefighters said they believe the fire started toward the back of the home. They said most of the damage is smoke related and cosmetic. The Larimore House is on the National Register of Historic Places.
It's unclear how much it will cost of fix the damage or when the house will be open.
Officials said the fire is still under investigation but they believe it could have been electrical.
- Historic home catches fire in Florence
- House destroyed following fire at Florence home
- Truck catches fire in Huntsville
- Florence Fire: Family loses home and one person dead
- Heroin, pills found at home in Florence
- Man's body found at Florence home
- Florence fire trucks approved to be built
- Car overturns on Memorial Parkway, catches fire
- Arby's on University Drive catches fire
- Car catches fire on Governors Drive