A wreck involving an 18-wheeler slowed down traffic Monday morning on Highway 72 near Shields Road in Madison County.
The wreck happened around 5:45 a.m. when a van and 18-wheeler collided. The van ended up underneath the semi truck.
The accident caused the eastbound lanes of Highway 72 E to shut down starting at Shields Road.
The driver of the van was taken to Huntsville Hospital with serious injuries. Huntsville Police said she was awake and alert when she was taken away from the scene.
Traffic also slowed down significantly in the westbound lanes while crews worked to clear the scene.
- Highway 72 wreck slows down morning traffic
- Morning wreck slows down traffic in Hampton Cove
- One dead in wreck on Highway 72 in Huntsville
- Traffic slowed on Highway 72 after an accident involving a 30 ft box truck ran off the road
- Slow traffic on Parkway after wreck damages light pole
- 18-wheeler flips on Highway 72, driver hospitalized
- Truck rolls over on Highway 72
- Wreck causes traffic problems on Highway 20 in Decatur
- Wrecked 18-wheeler blocks Florence traffic
- Morning wreck blocks Highway 431 in Hazel Green