A new climbing and fitness center is on the way to Huntsville. High Point Climbing and Fitness just broke ground near Top Golf at the MidCity Huntsville development.
High Point officials said since Huntsville is continuing to grow and develop, they figured this would be the perfect city for a climbing and fitness center.
There'll be a 40-foot outdoor climbing wall for where the fitness center will be. That area will be called the adrenaline zone.
Across the street, there'll be indoor climbing walls for all levels as well as a kids zone. The company is based out of Chattanooga where officials said their outdoor climbing wall gained national attention, so they expect the same for Huntsville.
This is a $8 million capital investment that will give people in Huntsville something else to do. High Points will be the first full service rock climbing facility in North Alabama.
"We decided to lets decide to build some more. Build a regional network of gyms. This will be our 5th gym to open up. We're excited to be here in Huntsville. We're one of the few facilities that has an outdoor wall and indoor gym," said Johnny O'Brien with High Point Fitness and Climbing.
Construction will begin later this month. It's set to be complete by the summer of 2019.
The MidCity development consist of 140 acres of land new restaurants. A-Loft Hotel and Dave and Busters are all set to come here as well.
- High Point Climbing and Fitness Center is on the way to Huntsvile
- Get fit with Girls Inc. of Huntsville's 5K
- $13 million data center coming to Huntsville
- Facebook's official announcement on Huntsville Data Center
- Raccoon captivates internet with Minnesota skyscraper climb
- Huntsville drafts master plan for Five Points area
- Huntsville Junior High School teacher resigns
- Fight broke out at Huntsville High School
- Huntsville Jr. High evacuated after bomb threat
- Huntsville approves incentives for unnamed $750M data center