Hexcel Corp. is expanding operations at its production facility in Decatur that will create about 90 new jobs, officials said Wednesday.
The company plans to increase production of composite materials for us in the aerospace industry and other markets, officials said.
The expansion will give the company its first integrated site where both carbon fiber and polyacrylonitrile precursor materials are produced. It is expected to cost around $200 million, according to Hexcel.
"This is really a long-term commitment to where we want to grow as a business," said Mike Canario, president of Hexcel's aerospace division in the Americas.
Hexcel has been in Decatur since 1989. The company has invested almost $700 million in the facility there since then.
The company plans to begin production in 2021.
- Hexcel expanding Decatur plant, creating 90 jobs
- GE Appliances announces $115 million expansion to Decatur plant
- Decatur police investigating shooting
- $52 million plan to expand existing Limestone County business, add jobs
- Decatur police respond to possible bomb call at Decatur mall
- Florence police create "Safe Zone"
- Decatur police investigating Saturday shooting
- Decatur woman killed by car
- Pedestrian killed crossing Decatur street
- Decatur students comfort cancer patients