Madison County Sheriff's office confirmed the name of the man arrested in connection to the break-in at a Hazel Green gas station.
Jeremy Erskine, 27, is facing third degree burglary and criminal mischief charges. The second suspect is still on the loose.
The store, located on US 431 just north of Hazel Green High School, was investigated for a break-in early Tuesday morning. It was also broken into back in July.
Investigators said two men wearing black ski masks used a crow bar to pry open the north side door and make their way into the gas station around 1:50 a.m.
That set off an alarm that alerted deputies. One happened to be patrolling the Walmart just north on Highway 431, who responded quickly to the alert.
While they were inside, owners told WAAY 31 that they damaged several security cameras and broke their ATM. Some merchandise was also taken from the store.
When deputies arrived, investigators said the pair used the crow bar to smash through the south side door and flee toward Hazel Green High School.
Deputies said one of the two was able to be captured after a short foot pursuit. Officials said he was having difficulty breathing after the chase and was transported to the hospital to be evaluated.
The merchandise that was taken was able to be recovered, according to authorities.
Back in July, deputies responded to a similar call where cigarettes and cash were taken from the store. No one was arrested at that point in time.
If you know anything about either crime, you're asked to contact the Madison County Sheriff's Office.
- Hazel Green gas station burglarized for second time in less than 4 months
- Sunday's storm causes damage in Hazel Green
- Hazel Green teen killed in car crash
- Hazel Green man killed in wreck
- Two suspects arrested in deadly shooting near Hazel Green
- 1 shot in Hazel Green over money dispute, deputies say
- Suspect in iPhone theft case tied to Hazel Green robbery
- Woman, baby go to hospital after Hazel Green wreck
- Wreck shuts down lanes of Highway 231/431 in Hazel Green
- Wreck ends with burned cars in Hazel Green