Fort Payne Police opened an investigation into dogs being shot with arrows in the area.
Investigators say, no one reported these two incidents before Thursday, Feb. 22.
After tracking down the vet, investigators were able to locate the bolt of the arrow.
Fort Payne Police said in a Facebook post, "due to the time lapse of when this happened and the handling of the bolt itself, fingerprints are not an option."
Police say, they have contacted the bolt manufacturer but were unable to track down where it was sold locally.
Officials are asking people with any information concerning these crimes, or owners of the dogs to contact them at 256-845-1414.
Fort Payne Police Department
- Dog shot with crossbow in Fort Payne
- Fort Payne dogs are being shot with crossbow
- Dog found shot dead in Fort Payne
- Fort Payne police investigating sock theft
- Fort Payne woman facing meth charges
- Fort Payne woman arrested after drug investigation
- Florida man charged with making threat to Fort Payne school
- Fort Payne man charged with robbing juveniles at gunpoint
- Fort Payne police find 42 grams of cocaine after motorcycle chase
- Fort Payne mother charged with DUI while picking up child at school