The Marshall County Sheriff's Office confirmed the arrest of former corrections officer Jonathan Foster on a third-degree charge of Promoting Prison Contraband.
He's since posted a $1,000 bond and been released.
Foster worked for the Marshall County Jail until last week when an investigation determined he brought a cell phone into the jail and gave it to an inmate.
- Former corrections officer arrested in Marshall County
- Marshall County hires 5 correctional offices, more needed
- Marshall County tornado shelters
- Warming Centers In Marshall County
- Investigation into alleged theft from Marshall County Sheriff's Office
- Former Lauderdale County corrections deputy indicted
- Marshall County authorities make weekend burglary, drug arrests
- Convicted murderer attacks Alabama corrections officer, officials say
- Snowfall closes schools in DeKalb, Marshall counties
- Shots fired at Marshall County home