Former Lauderdale County Corrections Deputy, Benjamin Burns, was arrested on August 6th on a child abuse charge.
According to court documents, Burns abused his child by hitting the child in the groin area.
According to Sheriff Rick Singleton, Burns worked for the county for 3 months this year before being dismissed.
Burns was arrested on a $5,000 bond and booked into the Lauderdale County Jail.
- Former Lauderdale County corrections deputy indicted
- Lauderdale County Homicide Investigation
- Lauderdale County Commission approves new technology for sheriff's deputies
- Storm damage in Lauderdale County
- Lauderdale County corrections officer gets probation for smuggling pills in Bible
- Former Madison County deputy indicted on rape, incest charges
- Man on ATV leads Lauderdale deputies on chase
- Weather damage clean up in Lauderdale County
- Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting
- Lauderdale County woman fights off alleged groper