Several agencies spent the night and early morning tracking a murder suspect from Florida. The warrant stems from Pinellas County, Florida.
As of Thursday morning, investigators believe Steven Brooks, 45, is hiding in the area around the Limestone County Correctional Facility. He was last seen at Love Branch and Yarbrough roads.
Investigators said he is 5'8" and was last seen wearing black pants and a a black over brown shirt.
If spotted, law enforcement asks you to not approach him, but instead alert the Madison County Sheriff's Office at 256-722-7181.
The investigation began Wednesday evening in Madison County when members of the Madison County Sheriff's Office along with the U.S. Marshal's Office, Madison County SWAT and Madison Police tracked Brooks to a home on Loganberry Lane near Shortleaf Lane in the Harvest community around 6:30 p.m.
Brooks barricaded himself in the home with an elderly couple who were eventually let out of the home peacefully, Madison County Sheriff's Office Lt. Donny Shaw said. At around 9:35 p.m., Shaw said Brooks got into a car in the garage and barrelled out of the house, hitting two U.S. Marshals vehicles as he left. No one was injured.
Investigators said Steven Brooks then led deputies on a chase that ended over on Love Branch Road. He drove the car into a field and deputies said one of the car's rims was exposed and the vehicle caught on fire. Brooks ditched the vehicle and took off on foot.
Brooks, who Pinellas Park police said also goes by the name Siddeeq Ma'Shooq, is wanted for the murder of Caroline Morton-Hicks, 59, on Feb. 12 in Pinellas County. She was found shot to death about an hour after practicing with the Pinellas Park Civic Orchestra at a performance hall.
Pinellas County jail records show that Brooks faced previous charges of escape, resisting arrest and felony battery in 2006. In 2015, he was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to sell.
- Florida murder suspect sought in Harvest community
- Schools in Harvest area lock doors while deputies search for murder suspect
- Florida murder suspect shot by police in Pennsylvania
- Neighbor unknowingly watched Florida murder suspect steal truck
- Second man sought in Binford Drive murder case
- Cotton pickin' good harvest in Alabama
- Three taken into custody for Harvest robberies
- 4 dead in Nashville Waffle House shooting; suspect sought
- Suspect arrested in Decatur murder
- Florida suspect's digital profile 'very, very disturbing'