Employees at Big Ed's Pizza told WAAY 31 they're sanitizing the restaurant from top to bottom in order to keep themselves and their customers flu free.
At Big Ed's, the soda nozzles are wiped down every day, and they're soaked in soap and water every night.
Employees told WAAY 31 they wipe down the menus daily.
"At least 50 plus people are touching them all day long," Brittany Torre said.
They also wipe down all of the door knobs every day.
Dishes at Big Ed's also get washed twice.
They are washed by hand and in a dishwasher.
Employees are also required to wear gloves.
"I always put gloves on. I work at a hospital, so I'm used to always wearing gloves," Becky Magee said.
People eating at the restaurant told WAAY 31 they're also taking notice of how employees are working to keep the restaurant free from the flu, and they appreciate the small business's attention to detail.
- How local restaurants are fighting back against the flu
- Local daycare deep cleaning to fight off flu
- Flu Strain A vs Flu Strain B
- Two Subway restaurants burglarized in the Shoals
- 3 new restaurants coming to downtown Huntsville
- Fazoli's looks to add new Alabama restaurants
- First restaurant announced for downtown Huntsville development
- Huntsville restaurants stop handing out plastic straws
- Two new restaurants announced for MidCity development
- Rape investigation in Rogersville shuts down restaurant