NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - State officials say an engineering and manufacturing company will invest $6 million and hire about 240 people for a new facility in Tennessee.
A Department of Economic and Community Development news release says the decision by Martin Technologies to locate in Lawrenceburg was announced Tuesday.
The Michigan-based company serves the automotive, marine, aerospace and defense industries. The decision to come to Tennessee is drive by demand from car manufacturers.
The company plans to initially occupy a 60,000-square-foot (5,574-sq. meter) space. It plans to have the new facility operational in January. The positions will be for engineering, management and technicians.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
12/20/2017 2:18:33 AM (GMT -6:00)
- Engineering firm to invest $6 million, hire about 240 in Lawrenceburg
- Funeral arrangements for Lawrenceburg firefighter
- Shoals fire departments extend help to Lawrenceburg
- Lawrenceburg UT boxer dies during tournament
- Fallen Lawrenceburg firefighter's wife gives birth
- Police: murder suspect kills himself in Lawrenceburg
- Tuscumbia hires retail firm to recruit more businesses
- LIVE: Funeral for Lawrenceburg firefighter to be held today
- Florence fire causes close to $1 million in damage to law firm
- Trump company invests more into golf resort