A crash involving a dump truck is causing traffic back up along Governors Drive in Huntsville near the intersection with Governor's Place.
Police on scene told WAAY-31 the brakes on the truck went out as it traveled down the hill toward Huntsville Hospital. The driver was able to steer it off the side of the road and down a small embankment.
He was not hurt, and no other vehicles were involved.
Westbound traffic was down to one lane. However, officers on scene said both lanes will likely close when wreckers show up to pull the truck up the embankment.
A second wreck occurred near Parkhill and Governors, when an SUV collided with an 18-wheeler.
Traffic in the area was moving as of 11 a.m.
- Dump truck crash snarls traffic on Governors Drive in Huntsville
- Woman crashed truck into Huntsville home
- Truck catches fire in Huntsville
- School bus torn apart in dump truck collision, killing 2
- Car overturned on Governors Drive
- Car catches fire on Governors Drive
- Dead body discovered near homes on Governors Drive, Seminole Drive
- Woman hurt after driving into Huntsville house
- Huntsville funding study of I-565 traffic flow issues
- Truck driving mandate could improve safety, delay delivery of products