After flipping over a bridge, a driver was able to walk away from the accident unscathed.
Paramedics said a man was driving east on West Limestone Road in Hazel Green when he lost control of his vehicle.
The car then crashed through the guardrail along the Briar Fork River and landed in the water.
However, officials said because of the way his car landed, he was able to climb out through the sunroof of the vehicle without any injury.
Emergency crews had the road by the bridge blocked off for more than an hour while they worked the wreck.
State Troopers are investigating the crash.
- Driver unharmed after car flips into river
- 18-wheeler flips on Highway 72, driver hospitalized
- Car flips over guardrail near Guntersville
- Car submerged in Elk River
- Woman hospitalized after her car flips in Harvest
- Vehicle flips on Explorer Boulevard in Huntsville
- Cement truck flips over on roadway
- Drivers can expect delays on Interstate 65 near Tennessee River
- The 10 Senate seats most likely to flip in 2018
- Flipped trailer blocks part of 6th Avenue in Decatur