An afternoon wreck in downtown Huntsville slowed down traffic at one intersection Friday.
The wreck happened just after 3 p.m. at the intersection of Greene Street and Holmes Avenue.
Huntsville police said it appeared a car rear-ended an SUV, causing it to hit a utility pole that had a pedestrian crossing signal and tree at the intersection.
The outside southbound lane of Greene Street near the intersection was closed while police worked at the scene.
There was no word on whether anyone was injured in the wreck.
- Downtown Huntsville wreck knocks over pole
- Wreck knocks down utility pole, blocks Mastin Lake Road
- Car crash knocks down a power pole
- Slow traffic on Parkway after wreck damages light pole
- Vehicle wreck smashes mailbox, hydrant and utility pole; hospitalizes driver
- Wreck knocks down power lines, blocks Madison County road
- Road closure in Huntsville for pole replacement work
- 1 dead in early morning Huntsville wreck
- First cycle track opens in downtown Huntsville
- 3 new restaurants coming to downtown Huntsville