A Decatur woman who was supposed to be taking care of a 75-year-old woman ended up in jail after the victim was found lying in her own urine and feces Tuesday.
Kristina Jo Whisenant, 33, is charged with second-degree elder abuse.
WAAY 31 spoke to neighbors who say they are apalled to hear about Tuesday's incident.
"They should take the person doing it and make them live in that condition," said Nadine Lewis, who lives down the street
from where the incident happened.
Decatur police said Morgan County Department of Human Resources workers called them to a home on Daniel Street SW Tuesday after finding the woman lying in her own waste. The woman also had a large bedsore on her elbow that needed medical attention, police said.
"There's no excuse for what she did to her mother,"Lewis said.
The victim was taken to Decatur Morgan Hospital for treatment.
Whisenant was also at the home when the woman was found, and was taken to the police department.
"You're volunteering to reverse roles and take care of your parents,"Lewis said. "They didn't treat you that way, you shouldn't treat them that way."
Her bond was set at $50,000. Morgan County Jail records indicated she was no longer in jail Wednesday morning.
- NEIGHBOR REACTION: Decatur woman charged with elder abuse
- Decatur man charged with child abuse
- Neighbors react after kidnapping, robbery in Decatur
- Decatur woman charged with shooting into vehicle
- Decatur woman killed by car
- Decatur man arrested for child abuse
- Decatur woman charged with stabbing at gas station
- Decatur woman charged with using drugs while pregnant
- Moulton woman killed in wreck near Decatur
- Decatur woman identified in deadly Monday wreck