Huntsville Police have identified the man found dead on Governors Drive.
According to officials, 43-year-old Damon Fletcher was found near the corner of Governors drive and Seminole Drive.
Investigators said around 3 a.m. they were called when nearby residents made the discovery.
Crime scene tape was placed around the location of the body as police began investigating.
Officers told WAAY 31 that there are no apparent signs of trauma to the body, like gunshot wounds or stab wounds.
Lt. Micheal Johnson said, they are waiting for a toxicology test. The test could take several months before it is returned.
- Dead body discovered near homes on Governors Drive, Seminole Drive
- Car overturned on Governors Drive
- Car catches fire on Governors Drive
- Drive-by shooting leaves one man dead
- Body discovered after Morgan county house fire
- Part of Governors Drive closing during rush hour
- Dump truck crash snarls traffic on Governors Drive in Huntsville
- Movers for Mom donation drive
- LifeSouth Hosting Summer blood drives
- Guntersville man finds dead body in woods near his home