Sir's Fabrics, one of Fayetteville's oldest businesses, was destroyed in an overnight fire Sunday morning.
Around 6 p.m., officials said someone was driving past the store when they noticed smoke coming from the building and called emergency crews. They put the fire out, but the flames rekindled overnight and destroyed the building.
First United Methodist Church and First Baptist Church, located just next to the store, cancelled services Sunday morning.
Fayettville firefighters told WAAY 31 they don't know the cause of the fire at this time.
- Sir's Fabrics destroyed in overnight fire
- Overnight fire destroys trailer
- Fayetteville community reacts to destroyed fabric store
- Overnight fire destroys Toney home
- Overnight fire under investigation
- AP FACT CHECK: Fabrications of Trump and his critics
- Early morning fire destroys apartment unit
- House destroyed following fire at Florence home
- Business destroyed in early morning garage fire
- Early morning fire destroys Huntsville apartment building