Sir's Fabrics, one of Fayetteville's oldest businesses, was destroyed in an overnight fire Sunday morning.
Around 6 p.m., officials said someone was driving past the store when they noticed smoke coming from the building and called emergency crews. They put the fire out, but the flames rekindled overnight and destroyed the building.
First United Methodist Church and First Baptist Church, located just next to the store, cancelled services Sunday morning.
Fayettville firefighters told WAAY 31 they don't know the cause of the fire at this time.
- Sir's Fabrics destroyed in overnight fire
- Overnight fire destroys trailer
- Fayetteville community reacts to destroyed fabric store
- Church destroyed in overnight fire Monday
- Overnight fire under investigation
- Explosion and fire at plastic fabrication company in Texas leaves 22 injured
- Sir Roger Bannister, broke the four-minute-mile barrier, dies at 88
- Sir Alex Ferguson, exentrenador del Manchester United, operado por hemorragia cerebral
- Manchester United 'very positive' Sir Alex Ferguson will make full recovery, says Jose Mourinho
- Early morning fire destroys apartment unit