Part of Madison Boulevard shut down late Tuesday night when a westbound car burst into flames.
The car reached the intersection of Celtic Drive before it burst into flames around 11:45 p.m.
Madison Police and Madison Fire blocked off both westbound lanes and one eastbound lane while they tackled the fire.
The car took roughly 45 minutes to extinguish and nearly two full tanks of water from one of the engines.
The driver was able to escape the car without any injuries. The cause of the fire is unknown.
Madison Boulevard was able to fully reopen around 12:30 a.m.
- Car fire shuts down part of Madison Blvd.
- Madison house fire shuts down intersection
- Madison City Schools hiring part-time nurses
- Car hits train, shutting down crossings
- Harvest road shut down by Madison Co. Sheriff's office
- House fire shuts down Sparkman Drive
- Man hurt in Madison County garage fire
- Kitchen fire displaces Madison County family
- Fire destroys mobile home in Madison County
- Early morning fire damages Madison County home