A man is in jail after police said they traced a stolen vehicle to him at a hotel in Russellville, Florence police said.
Police said they were called to the Quick Stop at South Court and Limestone streets around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday. A woman there said her car was missing when she came out of the store.
Florence police said they got a description of the person who stole the car from store surveillance video, and the woman was able to track the car with a GPS signal.
The car was found at a hotel in Russellville with Jessie Ford, 35, of Tuscumbia, police said. Ford was charged with first-degree receiving stolen property.
- Car GPS helps police catch theft suspect
- PHOTOS: Decatur police searching for theft suspect
- Police K-9 helps catch DUI suspect after hit-and-run crash
- Car overturns on Memorial Parkway, catches fire
- Car catches fire on Governors Drive
- Decatur Police officials warn drivers about car theft this winter
- Police identify theft suspect from hand-drawn sketch
- Security video leads police to suspects in package theft case
- Decatur Police seeking help in identifying suspect
- Police: OnStar technology helps nab a suspect