Build-A-Bear Workshop closed down its "Pay Your Age Day" promotion after large crowds turned out to stores nationwide Thursday.
The company announced it was closing down the lines at all stores "due to crowds and safety concerns."
North Alabama's only Build-A-Bear store is at Parkway Place Mall in Huntsville. The mall posted video of a long line winding through the upper level of the mall Thursday morning, urging customers to be patient.
"We have closed lines in our U.S. stores. We understand some of our Guests are disappointed and we will reach out directly as soon as possible," Build-A-Bear said in a statement.
- Build-A-Bear shuts down 'Pay Your Age' promotion after overwhelming turnout
- Build-a-Bear Workshop holding "Pay Your Age Day"
- Police: Suspect’s overwhelming gas shuts down interrogation
- Huntsville's municipal election receives low voter turnout
- Alabama promotes Mike Locksley to offensive coordinator
- Facebook to promote more local news stories
- Trump administration promoting low-cost health plans
- Jones trying to boost black turnout in Alabama Senate race
- High Huntsville voter turnout turns Madison County blue
- Turnout for Alabama vote could reach 25 percent