Good morning Tennessee Valley!
Temperatures are mild this morning, we're starting off in the 40's and 50's. Winds will pick up from the South today and along with plenty of sunshine, we'll warm up in the 70's today.
Enjoy it while you can because a cold front will work its way through the Valley on Tuesday, causing widespread scattered showers and a few non-severe thunderstorms. Rainfall totals will be near 1 inch, so slick roadways and heavy rain are our primary concern. The heaviest rainfall looks to occur from 9 AM-3 PM. Winds will also be blustery, ranging from 20-40 mph in wind gusts. Rain will likely end by 8 PM in Northeast Alabama, and then a big cool down comes our way.
We'll drop in the 40's for highs Wednesday to Sunday, with overnight lows in the 20's and 30's. There is some uncertainty for Friday and into Saturday as an upper level low will sink southward towards the Tennessee Valley. The position of the upper level low, the timing, and the amount of moisture will all determine whether or not we see some flurries flying across the Valley. Make sure to check back in with the WAAY 31 Severe Storm Tracking team by the end of the week.
- Big temperature drop comes our way by the middle of the workweek
- Temperatures gradually warm up throughout the workweek
- A big drop in temperatures coming our way
- Another Cold Front Drops Temperatures Again
- Temperatures drop again for Friday with the possibilities of flurries
- Futures drop; Big earnings day; South Africa watch
- Frigid temperatures linger for midweek
- Sunshine Brings Temperatures Above Freezing
- Changing temperatures are affecting roadways
- Temperatures Fall through the afternoon