A Brewer High School student is facing charges after Morgan County authorities said they found a "substantial" amount of marijuana and firearms at a Somerville home.
Joshua Lee Brinkley, 18, is facing three charges of drug distribution and a first-degree marijuana possession charge, according to the Morgan County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said they searched a home on Alabama Street in Somerville Wednesday and found the drugs. Brinkley was not at the home at the time, they said, but they learned he was a senior at Brewer. Authorities also said they were told by school officials that Brinkley had been suspected of selling drugs on school property.
Brinkley was arrested at school without incident Thursday, authorities said.
Brinkley was placed in the Morgan County Jail on bonds totaling $20,000.
- Brewer High School senior charged with selling drugs
- Brewer High School student charged with murder of mom found in house fire
- Brewer High students revved by Huntsville-built Toyota engines
- Women charges with drugging child before school
- Man charged with selling marijuana in Decatur
- 'Hannity' fans smash Keurig brewers over pulled ads
- Brewer battles for the love of the game
- Two arrested on drug charges
- Hartselle high school senior suspended for posting KKK photo on social media
- Arab Senior Center reopens