Madison County authorities said a suspicious package at a Walgreens just outside Huntsville Tuesday turned out to be nothing but a box with newspaper in it.
A Madison County Sheriff's Office spokesman said employees of the Walgreens at Blake Bottom and Jeff roads found a suspicious package around 11 a.m. Employees heard something inside the package and called authorities, according to Lt. Donny Shaw with the sheriff's office.
The Huntsville Police Department's bomb squad was called to investigate the cardboard box, which had a FedEx label on it but was also open, authorities said. The bomb squad used a robot and a drone to get a closer look at the package before approaching and determining it was safe around 2:15 p.m.
Roads in the area remained open during the incident.
- UPDATE: Suspicious package at Madison Co. Walgreens deemed safe
- Madison County authorities identify package theft suspect
- UPDATE: Missing teenager found safe
- UPDATE: Missing girl near Birmingham found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Bessemer man found safe
- Reddit says it banned 944 suspicious accounts
- Madison man turns 100
- Madison County Tiger walk
- Details on updated financial agreement for Town Madison released
- UPDATE: Madison Police Foundation Carnival canceled Tuesday due to weather