MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Police in Montgomery say a body found in the ditch line of a city street is that of a 16-year-old boy.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports that police made the announcement Tuesday, after his body had been found on Saturday afternoon.
Montgomery police say officers had responded to part of Sunshine Drive after there was a call about gunshots fired. Police Capt. Regina Duckett says that when officers arrived, they found the teen in the ditch line.
Police haven't said how the teen died, and say they won't release the teen's name unless his death is determined to have been a homicide.
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body found in Montgomery was that of 16-year-old
- Hyundai expansion in Montgomery
- Body found in north Huntsville
- Bodies found in northwest Huntsville
- 16-year-old assaulted in Jackson County home
- UPDATE: Escaped inmate from Montgomery recaptured
- Meridianville man killed in crash near Montgomery
- Man's body found in Lawrence County, Tenn.
- Body found on Jeff Road identified
- Authorities investigate after body found on roadside