A Colbert County jury found Benjamin Young guilty in the 2016 killing of a man over an Xbox.
Young was found guilty of capital murder, first-degree assault and shooting into an occupied vehicle.
Young is one of five people that have been arrested for the killing of Kijana Freeman, 19, in an apartment complex parking lot in Tuscumbia in 2016.
Police said the men lured Freeman and a 17-year-old to the parking lot and then shot them in their vehicle, because they believed Freeman had stolen an Xbox from one of them.
The sentencing phase of the trial will begin Thursday. Jurors will decide whether to recommend life without parole or the death penalty.
- Benjamin Young found guilty of capital murder in Xbox killing
- Benjamin Young sentenced to death
- Peter Capote found guilty of capital murder
- Benjamin Netanyahu Fast Facts
- Microsoft surprises boy who gave up Xbox to donate blankets
- Shoals capital murder cases moved to February
- Huntsville man charged with capital murder
- Preliminary hearings in capital murder cases delayed
- Israeli police find 'sufficient evidence' to indict Benjamin Netanyahu
- Prosecutors directly link Benjamin Netanyahu to another graft probe