Austin High Senior Asa Martin continues to rack up the accolades. Today the 4-star running back and Auburn commit landed one of the most presitigious athletic awards in the state. Martin was named Alabama's Gatorade Player of the Year.
With stats like Martin's, it's easy to see why. He racked up a total of 2,228 rushing yards with 33 touchdowns, playing a big part in the Black Bears' passing game. He even helping out on defense at cornerback. Austin finished the season 12-1 record after losing in the 6A Quartfinals.
As a state winner, Martin is now eligible for the Gatorade National Player of the Year.
Martin will sign with Auburn Dec. 20 as an early enrollee, and this week he'll head to Hattiesburg, Mississippi to play in the annual Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game.
- Austin RB Asa Martin wins Gatorade State Player of the Year
- Austin RB Asa Martin named 2017 'Mr. Football'
- Hartselle's Garrett Wade named Gatorade Alabama Player of the Year
- Nine football players sign NLI's at Bob Jones and Austin
- Huntsville Martin Luther King, Jr. parade canceled
- Four Austin High School football players sign to play in college
- Austin High Stadium Makes History
- Kerryon Johnson named AP's SEC offensive player of the year
- Florida takes SEC player, pitcher, coach of the year awards
- Austin High School wins fifth Award of Excellence for school safety