Athens firefighters saved a dog who was unresponsive in a house fire on Huntsville-Browns Ferry Road Tuesday morning.
The department posted on its Facebook page that two of its firefighters went into the burning home and found the unresponsive dog named Marley. The firefighters removed Marley, but they needed to do more to save his life.
“We are glad this had a happy ending because at first, Marley was not moving,” said fire chief Bryan Thornton.
The crews administered oxygen with a dog-sized mask, and the dog would eventually blink and sit up before receiving hugs from the family.
The only part of the house that burned in the fire was a bedroom. Athens responded in a mutual aid situation to assist Tanner and South Limestone volunteer firefighters.
- WATCH: Athens firefighters revive unresponsive dog trapped in house fire
- Firefighters revive lifeless dog pulled from burning home
- Boy found unresponsive in community pool
- Athens police investigating shooting
- Huntsville firefighters investigating overnight house fire
- Firefighters respond to Monday morning house fire
- One person hurt in Athens apartment fire
- 11th Circuit revives Birmingham minimum wage lawsuit
- NTSB report says driver unresponsive before bus crash
- Two people found unresponsive in Florence of possible opioid overdose