Police say a person of interest in an Arab shooting from Thursday should be considered armed and dangerous.
Arab police said they chased Cody Light, 35, into an area on Willis Road Friday. LIght is a person of interest in the shooting that happened Thursday morning. He has an active warrant for shooting into an occupied vehicle, according to police.
Light was seen at a store getting beer, police said, and they chased him until Light crashed his truck into a fallen tree and ran.
Schools in the Brindlee Mountain area were on a soft lockdown during the search, according to Marshall County Schools.
A Marshall County District Attorney's Office investigator went to a home on Lookout Road around 9:30 a.m. Thursday, looking for a truck stolen from Cullman County. He was checking out a vehicle in the woods when he heard a shot, police said.
The investigator looked to see where the shot came from and heard more gunshots, according to police. The investigator took cover behind the truck and said more shots were fired.
The investigator yelled that he was a police officer and the shooter turned and ran, police said. The investigator stayed in cover behind the truck until other police got to the scene.
Light is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees or hears from him is asked to immediately contact the Arab Police Department.
- Arab police searching for shooting suspect
- Police in Arab open fire on suspect
- Arab police say attempted murder suspect shot in Louisiana
- Police searching for counterfeiting suspect
- Arab Senior Center reopens
- Huntsville police are searching for a suspect in Saturday shooting
- Florence police searching for robbery suspect
- Hartselle police searching for forgery suspect
- PHOTOS: Decatur police searching for theft suspect
- Boaz police searching for theft suspect