An Arab couple is back in Marshall County after disappearing with four children earlier in December.
The couple. Marcus Simmons and Karissa Cummings, arrived at the Arab Police Department Wednesday night after turning themselves in east of Asheville, North Carolina Monday. The four boys, which range from 1 to 11 years old, were being brought back to Alabama by the Blount County, North Carolina Department of Human Resources as of Tuesday morning.
The couple will be charged with interference with child custody, which is a felony charge.
Arab police drove to North Carolina to extradite the couple back to Marshall County Wednesday. Before they turned themselves in, police said they had run out of leads in their search for the six.
- WATCH: Arab parents accused of taking 4 children return to Alabama
- Missing Arab children found in North Carolina
- Arab Senior Center reopens
- ALEA issues missing children alert for 4 Arab brothers
- Police in Arab open fire on suspect
- Arab man dies in Morgan County wreck
- Arab woman killed in overnight fire identified
- Arab police searching for shooting suspect
- Arab man killed in Cullman County crash
- Alabama A&M football coach not returning