Seven days after the first alert went out, four Marshall County boys are still missing, and there's been no sight of them.
WAAY 31 talked to Arab police Thursday to see if any progress had been made in the search.
“Scary, really, that a small town like this would have to worry about something like that," community member Paul Maxwell said.
And that’s what many in Arab are saying after learning of the four missing boys in their community.
Arab police say the four brothers disappeared Friday between midnight and 7 a.m. from a home on Cobb Drive.
According to officials, the boys, Corbin, Alexander, Nicholas, and Ian, were put in the custody of their grandmother after abuse allegations surfaced involving their parents.
June Blackwood, a grandmother herself, says she can’t even fathom what she would do if those were her own grandchildren.
“Devastating. I just can’t imagine being the grandmother in charge and this happen," Blackwood said. "I just can’t imagine that.”
Police told WAAY 31 the children, ranging between the ages of one and eleven years old, are believed to have been taken by their parents, 29-year-old Karissa Cummings and 39-year-old Marcus Simmons.
Police say they are concerned about the children’s safety, especially after they were removed from their parents’ home.
But almost a week after they were reported missing, police are sad to say they’ve received no new leads on the children's whereabouts.
Everyone WAAY 31 talked to on Thursday agreed that it is a heartbreaking situation.
“Of course you’d lose sleep over it." Maxwell said. "You wouldn’t want that to happen, not only just to your family, but to anybody’s family, really.”
Arab police told WAAY 31 they still believe the boys may be in North Carolina or Georgia, but they haven’t been able to make contact with them at this time.